Dig In Questions:
1) Do you remember a time in your life when you felt like God was telling you to do something specific? What made you so confident that He was doing so?
2) On Sunday, we discussed this idea: “God is always speaking, but we are rarely listening. The problem isn’t that He has lost interest; the problem is that we have lost our hearing.” How good are you at recognizing when God is communicating? Is there anything you need to do differently to better position yourself to hear His voice?
3) Read Hebrews 1:1-2. A lot of people think of Jesus only as someone we should follow and imitate, (which is true), but have you ever thought of Jesus as one of God's ways of directly communicating with us?
4) Read Proverbs 15:22. Why do you think it's important to allow God to speak into your life through other believers?
5) Read Galatians 5:16-25. Would you say that your life reflects the guidance of the Holy Spirit? If not, what do you need to change to allow the Holy Spirit to take the lead of your life?
6) On Sunday, we discussed three primary things to consider when trying to discern whether you are truly hearing the voice of God or just listening to your own desires: The Bible, Fruits of the Spirit, and your motives. How do you feel these could help you in your decision-making?