Dig In Questions:
1) Read John 8:12-13. Why do you think Jesus used this specific metaphor when describing himself to the crowds? Why do you think this upset the Jewish religious leaders?
2) Since Jesus is the light of the world, then what are some practices his followers need to routinely do in order to reflect his light?
3) What are some things that our culture has deemed as “acceptable” that the Bible has defined as “darkness”? How do you feel a believer should handle those situations?
4) Read Psalm 23:4. Even though we may experience darkness, it doesn’t mean that we have to live in it. Do you know of another believer who’s going through a difficult time? What can you specifically do this week to encourage them?
5) Read Ephesians 4:21-24. Is there any part of your old self, (before knowing Christ), that you haven’t let God’s light into? What keeps you from doing so?