Dig In Questions:
1) How do you feel about silence? Do you avoid it at all costs because it makes you uncomfortable? Do you pursue it because it gives you the rest or motivation that you desire? Why do you feel the way you do?
2) Exodus 14:14 reads: "The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent." What does our silence communicate to God and allow Him to do?
3) Read the story of Jesus calming the storm in Mark 4:35-40. What does this mean for your life and the storms you experience?
4) Are there any specific storms in your life that you need to hand over to Jesus right now? How can you begin to do this?
5) Read Habakkuk 2:20. Have you ever thought about worshipping God with your silence? How can our silence communicate praise to God?
6) What do you need to change about your life to allow for more silence in God’s presence? What’s a realistic "time goal" that you can set for this type of silence per day? 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, or more? Find someone to hold you accountable to this!