Dig In Questions:
Read Job 2:11-13
1) Can you think of a time when someone helped to comfort you in a time a suffering? What did they do that made a positive difference?
2) Read Psalm 34:17. How should God’s attentiveness to our suffering inspire us to be attentive to the needs of others?
3) Read John 15:12-13. Jesus’ willingness to lay down his life for us should serve as an example of how we should love others in their time of need. What do you struggle to “lay down” in your life for the sake of those who are hurting - your time, schedule, money, energy, etc? How can you begin to release this?
4) Read Romans 12:15. Why is it important that we weep with those who weep? What impact does this have on someone who is hurting?
5) In his book “Being There”, Dave Furman writes, “There is a kind of ministry that is without words.” How can our presence and our silence minister to those who are suffering?
6) In light of this week’s topic, who can you bring comfort to this week?