Dig In Questions:
Read Job 1
1) Can you give some examples of “deserved” and “undeserved suffering” from your life?
2) Read Proverbs 9:10. The Bible describes Job as a man who “feared God and stayed away from evil.” How can fearing God help us stay the course in our spiritual lives?
3) Why do you think Satan would want to attack those who are faithfully committed to God? What are some ways that you can protect yourself from his tricks and temptations?
4) On Sunday, we discussed how “we must experience life just as Job did - without complete answers to all of life’s questions”. How can this reality cause you to trust and lean into God during difficult times?
5) How do you typically respond to unfortunate circumstances or moments of suffering - with a “Why me, God?” attitude or an “I trust you, God!” attitude?
6) Let’s say that someone you know is going through a season of undeserved suffering. How would you begin to encourage them?