Dig In Questions:
Read the book of Jonah (c’mon...its only four chapters)
1) Has God ever asked you (or nudged you) to do something difficult? How did you respond to this?
2) Why do you think that Jonah was so opposed to taking the message of God to the city of Nineveh?
3) During Sunday's teaching, this quote was shared: “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott. Why do you think that Christians struggle with seeing people the way that God sees people? What can you do to help eliminate this from your own life?
4) Jonah had to wreck his life in order to once again turn towards God, yet God's mission for Jonah never changed. Why do you think God uses imperfect people to tell others about His perfect love?
5) In chapter 4, we see that Jonah didn’t believe that evil people deserved a chance to be forgiven by and to follow after a good God. What group(s) of people have Christians become known for rejecting? How do you think God feels about this?
6) On Sunday, we posed this question: Are you more like Jonah or more like Jesus? If you are more like Jesus, then you won't withhold God's love from anyone. With that being said, who do you need to reach out to and love this week?