Our Situations Don't Define Us - Dig In Questions:
Read Luke 1:26-38 & Matthew 1:18-25
1) If you were in Mary and Joseph’s shoes, how do you think you would have reacted to the angel’s announcement?
2) Virgil talked about “What the heck, God?” situations that cause us to question what God is doing in that moment. Are you in one of those or have you been in the past?
3) Why do you think God allowed good people in the scriptures to experience bad situations?
4) How do you think that God can use your life situations to bring glory to Himself?
5) We are not defined by our situation; rather, our situations align us, describe us, refine us, and remind us. Can you think of how your situation has helped you grow in your faith?
Pray that God would help you to trust Him with your situation just as you have trusted him with your salvation.