Two Gardens - Dig In Questions:
1) Temptation can be defined as “The desire to do something that God sees as wrong”. Do you think that Satan still uses temptation today? If so, how have you seen this play out in our culture?
2) On Sunday, we talked about how “Temptation is almost impossible to overcome when we focus more on what God has forbidden than what God has provided.” How can focusing on what God has blessed us with help us to avoid temptation?
3) Read Galatians 5:13. How could someone use their freedom to satisfy their sinful nature?
4) Read Matthew 26:36-46. If you were Jesus, what emotions would you have been feeling during the time before his arrest? Which would have been easier - obedience or disobedience?
5) Jesus told Peter to overcome temptation by “being alert” and “praying.” How can being on the lookout for temptation and prayer help to overcome temptation?
6) Read Hebrews 4:14-16. What does it mean to you that Jesus understands the temptations that we face? Does this give you more confidence in how to approach him and ask for his help?